Renu's Week

Sunday, March 31, 2019

Report of 31 March 2019

And another month is ending.

The day is sunny and bright.  I have just eaten a tub of watermelon.  Summer is on us and the mangoes are here, already, to my greed's great delight.  We bought some exorbitantly-priced ones yesterday and have eaten one.  Imam Pasand.  There are many varieties of mangoes - similar to bananas - and Imam Pasand is quite a royalty.

We are well.  Many dental issues.  The perils of eating massive amounts of sweets in younger days.  Scott is lucky that he had fluoride treatment as a child, thus he is relatively protected, knock on wood.

The Banyan is great.  Vandana was at Mogappair this week and it was good to see her.  She said Hi to me and a more exuberant Hi to Scott, causing me to burst out laughing.  They are very fond of each other, as were my mother and Scott.  Good.  Better that the Hi's are more exuberant for Scott than for me :).  Vandana is on several national panels to address mental health issues and I feel privileged to work for this visionary, fun, intelligent and funny person.  Vaishnavi, the other founder of the B, is off addressing disability-related issues, also on a national level, and it is a privilege to know her, as well - visionary, fun, intelligent and funny. 

I went to Mysore on Friday to take my aunts out to eat for their 85th and 80th birthdays.  My aunt, Indira, could not come to Mysore from Coorg as she was unwell, so my aunt, Chitra, and I celebrated her 85th birthday a bit early.  It was fun.  Reminiscences of my mother brought lots of laughter and good humor.  CA (Chitra Aunty) cooked me a fine breakfast and lunch, and I enjoyed both.  In the interval between the 2 meals, I visited my cousin, Nandu, and family.  It was great to see them, too, and there was much laughter at stories of our sons and other relatives.  Truly, family is a blessing.  As is being in touch with them.  I help take care of several hundred women who do not have this luxury. 

We hung out with the boys this morning and that was a treat.  Much candor, which I will unfailingly be grateful for. 

Have a very good week!

Unw -

R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home