Renu's Week

Saturday, January 26, 2019

Report of 26 Jan 2019

I see the sea, the sea sees me. 

It's the first day in a long time that we have been able to get a good, clear glimpse of the water: prior days have been hazy.  This view is why we live here - well outside the city, a long distance from the concerts and plays and movie theaters that show offbeat movies.

That and the 2 pools in this complex.  I swam this week after more than a week and loved it. 

We are well and hope the same with you.  The Banyan continues wonderfully.  Mr. Complainer Patient came speaking of dizziness.  He has not gone to the rehab center, as ordered: "The exercises are too difficult."  He went to another doctor, who gave him 3 of 5 injections, charged him 580 bucks and the dizziness is not better.  I emphasized that he'd had a stroke, that he was likely to stay dizzy, that the exercises taught by the rehab center would help.  I also said he was normally full of complaints and he said, "This, too, is a complaint."  I said, "Well, I didn't pay Rs. 580 to a doctor and come out of there with the complaint unchanged, did I," to which he laughed and said, "True." 

Humor is vital.  I like when the patients laugh and share funny situations. 

I have a new job, as stated.  My boss is a senior endocrinologist and we get patients with all sorts of complaints, which are nice to try and treat.  One of them, whom I saw late yesterday, came with the complaint of weight gain, treating which is a passion for me.  In the course of the conversation, it came out that the patient was HIV + and her husband had died of it; poor lady, I spoke of the cholesterol abnormalities that HIV treatment ("Anti retroviral treatment" or "ART" ) can cause, we ordered some blood tests and she will come back from her home in the neighboring state. 

Adaikalam and I saw each other only once this week.  Some politicians were protesting something on Thursday and the roads were chock full of traffic; I went 5 km (a little over 3 miles) in 47 minutes, turned around and went home.  I did get manage to get to Adaikalam on Tuesday and appreciated that; I do not like missing work at the Banyan.  Politicians should get that. 

Last week was Pongal, and after that, we went to Madurai to visit my father.  All of us went to the cemetery - today marks 20 years since my brother died.  I bawl every time we go to the cemetery, for what might have been.  We then had to solve some household and other issues.  My father stays active; he likes when we visit and he likes when we leave.   :)

Yesterday, I attended a good talk on diabetes given by my boss and today, we watched Naomi Osaka win the Australian Open women's singles title.  The match was very good. 

We did not get to hang out with our sons last week and I missed that.  Hopefully, tomorrow.

May you hang out with fun people.

Unw -

R  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home