Renu's Week

Sunday, February 10, 2019

Report of 10 Feb 2019

Good evening!

There are birds flitting about at lower altitudes and the sea is darkening. 

We are well and hope the same with you.  It was a reduced work week for me as I was ill; this is happening more often than I'd like and I think comes from inhaling germs at public places.  I do believe this one came from the Kathak performance.  One day, I just had to stay in bed and felt better for it.

The Banyan is good.  I could not miss clinic, so off I went.  It was the usual frenzied activity, with several people from a nearby old folks' home coming in to be checked out; one of them had no complaints and had to be coerced to say something by her fellow resident - easily 60 years old - who said, "Say what's ailing you, the doctor is like our mother."  Ahem.  My assistant and I donned masks, and got through the day.  Private practice is fine, and I had to put in a reduced week there, too. 

Scott and I were privileged to see our friend, Meenakshi, this week - visiting from the U.S. and making arrangements to sell her late parents' apartment.  That could not have been easy, and yet Meenakshi made time for us.  It was a nice visit, catching up with each other's family news and getting a few chuckles in. 

After the days of plopping on the sofa, I felt well enough this weekend to attend the wedding reception of my school classmate DR's daughter.  Several former schoolmates had made the trip, and it was fun to see everyone + several spouses.  The food was delicious and there was also one of my favorite foods - chaat - available at dinner.  Chaat is a savory snack food, with sweet and sour chutneys (relishes), and all manner of fun foods in it - green mango, yogurt, spicy liquid.  There was also a Baskin Robbins counter and my husband was happy.  Not having daughters, I am living vicariously through those whose daughters marry.  I asked our sons a few weeks ago if we ought to be making some plans towards their weddings, etc., and they said they were not currently interested in nuptials.

Scott and I also saw a good movie called "Sarvam Thalamayam," featuring classical Indian music and touching on the caste system.  It was a good flick; it's nice when flicks are.  I thought the young man next to us was going to start recording the movie illegally on his phone - the instrument was pointed at the screen - and stepped up and said something.  He said he was not recording it.  We have a son in the acting business, and even otherwise, let's not be pirating things.

Unw -

R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home