Renu's Week

Sunday, December 02, 2018

Report of 2 Dec 2018

Good evening!

Jet lag is fierce.  We are hoping the worst is over.  Each night is suspenseful - awaken at 12 AM or 2 AM?  The night I slept through, I felt the accomplishment that a new parent feels when the baby sleeps through the night.  The last couple of nights have been okay and I swam both mornings, feeling a sense of purpose and relief as I put my face in the crystal-clear water and saw the pretty blue tiles. 

The Banyan's 25th anniversary celebrations were on Friday and jet lag played spoilsport again.  We were a few minutes late getting to the venue, but not horribly.  Speeches were on, then a few games were played - hosted by a very pretty TV anchor, energizing the crowd and making the folks laugh.  Gifts were given to those employees who have been with us for a long time.  And then all of us danced, as is our wont.  Dance, dance, dance.  We ate a nice meal, and hung out with each other.  Tea was served and hot samosas bought from a tea shop nearby.  Scott was a volunteer photographer and I was glad he was there: I tend to be a bit overwhelmed by crowds sometimes.  Scott and I have done a personality switch.   

Many of the more functional patients were also present and that was nice.  One of them heads the project in Tiruchi.  She and I are close, we talk often.  Other patients, and patients' children, came, too, and we talked and laughed and ate, and revelled as all of us battled mental illness - some from outside, others from within. 

Scott and I saw a movie called "A private war."  While Rosamund Pike's performance was worthy enough, I have hung around our older son a long time: I thought several scenes were staged explicitly to milk the emotions of the viewing audience.  And thus, I was not moved.  We also saw a classical dance performance by various artistes and I enjoyed the presentation by known names - Gopika Varma and Priyadarshini Govind - very much. 

We "hung out" with the boys and that was fun.  I talked to my Dad, and he is busy enjoying professional activities, which is good.  My aunt called yesterday, it is nice to keep in contact with my mother's side relatives, also.  I think regardless of how old we get, my mother's siblings want to ensure that we are okay, and that is affectionate and soothing.   

Hope your week is good!

Unw -

R   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home