Renu's Week

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Report of 28 Nov 2018

Good evening!

I did not get to blog last week as we were about to travel, and packing and shacking.  We spent a fine few days with our sons; I did not attempt to get on the hotel's computer as there are numerous security constraints to overcome, and did all emailing from my phone.  What a handy device.  I balked at getting it for a long time, and only relented as our older son urged me to, stating that communication would become easy and fun.  And it did.

We had excellent (and consequently, surprising) service on the airlines, landed in NJ, spent a night in PA, and drove to Dayton, Ohio, the next day.  It was a nice drive.  The day after arrival was the big snow and ice storm, but all survived it.  My mother-in-law lives in a fine retirement facility, and they do not let the electricity get disrupted there even if surrounding areas lose power.  So we were warm and safe.  We spent a fun couple of days there, and returned to the East, getting together with our sons and seeing every movie in town.

Thanksgiving was spent with Scott's cousin, Jeff, his wife, Anne, and family.  They are lovely people, and extended their home to us.  The food was delicious and the company scintillating.  Our sons revelled in being with family.  That always gets me - that we live so far away from our sons and I asked Scott why we do that; his answer - "Because we let the boys live their lives."  Thanksgiving was fine on many counts.  Anne's family members present and we enjoyed meeting them.  Leftovers were packed for us by Anne, and we enjoyed them again the next day, before Scott and I flew back.  It was a truly warm and loving gathering, and I was most appreciative. 

The hotel's manager gave us a nice discount and all the staff offered excellent service; we are likely to go back there, should we need to.

It was back to work at the Banyan on Monday.  I was jet-lagged, but the patients had to be seen.  A colleague brought a neighbor's motherless child to be seen; great gesture and all, but I am not a pediatrician and it is often difficult to convince people that I do not treat children.  I did the best I could and ordered blood tests to be taken at the local Government facility, where a doctor could follow up on them.  Lunch was very late that day, but I had little appetite (jet-lag, etc.).  I met with Vandana and that was the wonderful experience it always is.  The more I work elsewhere, the more I so appreciate having ethical, altruistic and fun bosses at the B. 

Unw -

R  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home