Renu's Week

Monday, October 26, 2020

Report of 27 Oct 2020

 The end of life is still a part of life, isn't it.

One of our patients, who had complained incessantly of abdominal pain and recently started losing a lot of weight, had an endoscopy done recently.  It showed a cancer in the esophagus, which has spread to the lungs.  

Vandana and several members of the senior management team have taken the lady out today, to temples.  The patient, Ms. X, is very devout and used to observe several holy days at the B.  I would usually not know the occasion until she told me.  Religious places recently opened up, I think, and I am glad that Ms. X's soul is getting some joy.  I have received copies of pics of this gathering at the temple, and drinking coffee, a favorite beverage of Ms. X.  The pics are nice - simultaneously lovely and sad.

I hope for a pain-free next few days for Ms. X.  She speaks excellent English and is our file-keeper at the B.  She likes sweets and toffees, and unfailingly is appreciative when I give them to her.  It is difficult to not write in the past tense.  

Such is life.  Such is its end, too.  It is good that Ms. X is surrounded by love and joy.  Such is the Banyan.

Unw -

R

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home