Renu's Week

Sunday, September 20, 2020

Report of 20 Sept 2020

 Good evening!

It is dusk and I was sitting outside, but the mosquitoes decided to feast.  So I am inside and looking at the pretty lights outside.  The Muttukadu bridge is full of traffic again; that part I don't necessarily enjoy as I liked the peace and quiet of the lockdown.  As an Internet meme pointed out, the lockdown was not a joy for everyone and we felt bad for those who financially struggled.  We donated some money and supplies where we could, but I don't feel I did enough.    

I have resigned from the Banyan.  It had long been urged by Naren, who felt that 16 years in 1 place could lead to some taking-for-granted.  I mulled it over and quit, last date 15-11-2020.  It feels liberating and my spirit is happy.  As all know, I don't think it will be a complete severing of ties as the B has been my life for 16 years; however, the connection will be of a different flavor and I will do other things.  

Tuesday found me at the Banyan and one of my favorite patients looked listless.  We sent off a blood test to check the electrolytes in her blood and found that the sodium was an alarming 116 or 119 (I can't remember the exact number, but less than 120) - normal is 135.  The lab called with an oral report as it was that alarming.  So we have started to give her salted beverages; correcting sodium has to be a very slow process.  Medications can cause decreased sodium, as can reduced oral intake.  She appears to be better, and we will recheck her electrolytes this week to see their levels.  

We spoke to the children after a 2-week hiatus and that was nice.  Lots of laughter.  Nat is safely back in NJ.  Naren sent us a funny link featuring Chadwick Boseman in "Black Jeopardy" and I enjoyed it, simultaneously rueing the young man's untimely death.  

Scott and I went out to run errands yesterday, and had lunch at a restaurant that stated it was LGBTQ friendly.  The manager was gay, he said, and his family had accepted his decision, which we found pretty darn heartwarming.  We had a good meal and dessert was a 24-layer chocolate cake called "Death by chocolate."  We've seen this name at other restaurants, but not accompanied by this wonder.  It was tasty and Scott had to use a tablespoon to tackle it.  

I talked to my Dad this evening and that was nice.  

We hope all of you stay well and safe! 

Unw -

R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home