Renu's Week

Sunday, September 27, 2020

Report of 27 Sept 2020

 Good evening!

8 people have tested positive at the B after 1 patient developed fever and tested positive; the Corporation (City) authorities tested our residents and staff, and lo and behold.  

1 patient had low blood pressure, the first (index) case was quite ill and both these patients have been hospitalised.  I feel for them, as it must be unsettling to be mentally ill and be in an environment completely different from what you are used to.  It is my fervent hope that these patients recover and come back to the B quickly.  The other patients have been quarantined at the Banyan.  

I was at the B on Tuesday, a couple of days before the first case was tested, and had close contact with some of the COVID-positive patients.  So I am at risk, also, and will get tested.  The American College of Physicians (ACP) has sent a very nice COVID-19 guide for physicians; it and other readings detail the after-effects of the virus, among other things.  This virus can be a benign entity, or can leave severe after-effects, or cause death.  

Scott turned 59 last week and we got a cake from the Banyan's Vocational Training unit.  It was delicious.  The next day, we spoke to both children (it was still the previous day for them) and they wished their father.  Then Scott and I went out to eat; he mailed his ballot at the U.S. Consulate, we dropped off a birthday present for a friend and got lunch at a nice restaurant near there.

Voting is such a powerful right and privilege, isn't it.  In some countries, it does not exist and the Government is chosen by less democratic means.  I have voted once here; subsequently, trying to change the address on my voter ID to our current address required 3-4 lengthy trips to various bureaucratic venues and all of it was futile.  It makes me sad.  Imagine what the poor go through when they try to vote, and how all of this conspires to keep certain parties in power.

This evening featured what I call "PRC" - Precious Relatives' Calls.  I spoke to my father and both living sisters of my mother; all of it was lovely.  I simply abhor speaking on the phone, but it was nice to chat with these older relatives and get some chuckles in.  

The children are well, touch wood.  Naren has to be physically present at his middle school now, Nat continues from home.  We hope for the best for all as we collectively traverse this pandemic.

Unw -

  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home