Renu's Week

Monday, September 14, 2020

Report of 14 Sept 2020

 Good evening!

Hope all are well.  I could not blog yesterday - it was a busy Sunday.  

The Banyan is great.  Today was my portion of a training session for Sri Lankan personnel involved in their mental health project.  I had to speak on vital signs and first aid, and the audience was receptive and attentive.  After my droning, several of my colleagues - nurses and health care workers - presented case studies, based on actual patients and they did so masterfully.  I was impressed at how much they had learnt and how much they wanted to convey; the Internet connection from our Tiruchi site was not great, but all spoke well and I was proud.  Bit by bit, the Banyan model is likely to spread to many countries - Sri Lanka is only the tip of the iceberg.  

We did not speak to our children last week as one was travelling and the last thing a young adult wants when catching up with old and dear friends is a forced conversation with one's parents.  So we will wait for this week.  I hope both had a good week.  

I spoke to my Father yesterday and that was the laugh-fest it usually is.  My sister had phoned him on the smartphone.  Ordinarily, he does not know how to answer it and this time was no different; when I said, "Oh, a call on the smartphone, I thought you did not know how to answer it," he said, "I don't!  When I see it ring, I yell for someone and they answer it."  It was hilarious.  The mission was accomplished, any which way it could be, and my sister and Father conversed.  My younger brother's birthday was last week and he and my Father had spoken, also, all of which made my Father quite happy.  

On Tuesday, I was at the Banyan and saw many patients and staff.  When staff work hard, they sometimes need medical attention, too, and I was happy to provide it.  

On Saturday, Scott and I went to a restaurant recommended by a friend.  Soy Soi has Pan-Asian food and it was excellent.  We ate, chatted, lingered and even had dessert.  It was slightly upmarket, but well worth the price: I have 2 meals' worth of leftovers in our fridge.  

Netflix keeps me occupied when I am not working and I am loving the plethora of movies to choose from.  2 weeks ago saw the resumption of public transport in Chennai and the lady who helps clean our apartment has resumed coming.  While Scott and I cleaned during the lockdown, this lady has the special knack of getting the apartment to sparkle and I am grateful.  

One of the patients at the Banyan has tested positive for COVID and is in isolation.  We will continue to hope and work for the best.  

Unw -

R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home