Renu's Week

Sunday, October 18, 2020

Report of 18 October 2020

 Good evening!

My parents' 64th wedding anniversary today.  They stayed married until my mother passed away in 2010.

We are well and hope the same with you.  I was exposed to possible COVID-positive persons last week, so went to our local Primary Health Center to be tested for COVID.  The procedure is that you are notified post-haste of the result if it is positive, and not notified if it is negative.  I'd rather like to be told of the negative result, too.  With enough clout, you can get that message; thus, the Banyan's clout is on the case.

Things are quiet on the Banyan front, as all are trying to manage COVID.  A new doctor has been hired for Kovalam, and that is good.  The Tiruchi project continues to be in touch with me and that has been approved by Vandana.  The person heading the Tiruchi project, Jackulin, is a remarkable person whom I have had the privilege of working with before.  Her clinical skills are excellent and she manages the patients as I would.  

We spoke to both our children on Friday and that was simply lovely.  Lots of chatter and laughter.  Nat said at one point, about a project with 3 male college friends, "I suggested this and the boys are hesitant; women will prevail because women are always right."  I laughed out loud and said it was nice to hear this, after being the lone female voice in the house for decades.  

We got together with my brother, sister-in-law and niece yesterday.  It was the 15th birthday of my niece, Ahana.  It was a nice gathering at Writer's Cafe, and the service was superlative.  Scott forgot Ahana's birthday present at home; I was carrying presents for the other 2 and asked him to grab Ahana's gift bag, and he grabbed some other bag.  So we showed up at the birthday party with no birthday gift.  It bothered me greatly, but Ahana and parents were least fazed by that, and that was a relief.  Scott took the present over later, and I got very nice thank you's from the birthday girl.  

I saw a splendid movie today - "The Trial of the Chicago 7."  If I ever meet Mark Rylance in person, I think that would take my breath away.

Unw -

R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home