Renu's Week

Monday, March 30, 2020

Report of 30 March 2020

Good evening!

The sky is blue, as is the sea.  The evening sun is shining brightly on the buildings around.  I have just finished talking to my aunt, who lives by herself in Mysore.  In her 70's, she was caregiver for her older sister, who had dementia.  These are fiery women, my mother's ilk. 

We are locked down and likely safer for it.  The gloom and doom predictions should be noted.  We know little of the virus and whom it will affect badly.  Some obvious risk factors have been publicised, but of late, it is also affecting younger and healthier people. 

Scott and I are working from home.  My pulse races every time the phone rings.  However, the Banyan is blessed to have exemplary staff and hopefully, a higher power protecting our precious patients.  There have been reports of occasional coughs, which I treat over the phone.  Temperature monitoring is being done on all.  The infrared thermometers used to cost Rs. 3000, now they cost Rs. 15000.  The Banyan is absolutely great about investing in what we need to save lives.

I talked to my father yesterday.  He has plenty of reading material and a TV, thus he is going through the lockdown with equanimity.

Naren is in NY, the new epicenter of the virus, and Navin in Philly.  Both are taking the pandemic seriously, and that is wise.  They are wiser than their mother, who has a likely foolhardy streak of optimism.  Yes, yes, I am honoring the lockdown, etc., and am still hopeful that we will triumph.  The newspaper is full of stories of birds chirping and wildlife returning to original residences: the lack of human noise and intrusion seems to be good for nature. 

We went to buy vegetables and essentials today.  We were stopped by the police 3 times and then permitted to continue.  I like this diligence. 

Please stay safe and well.

Unw -

R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home