Renu's Week

Friday, February 14, 2020

Report of 14 Feb 2020

Happy Valentine's Day, folks!

I got to lie on the sofa today, sometimes the body tells one to slow down a bit.  Somebody gave me a beaut of a virus and the swimming pool - which ordinarily calls me on Friday mornings - did not send out as loud a signal as my bed did.

We are otherwise well.  The Banyan continues wonderfully.  Responsibilities are changing for me, and that is okay.  We had Adaikalam's Family Day last Sunday and staff of families joined us for biryani, sugarcane juice, cake, popcorn and cotton candy.  It was nice.  One of the more enthusiastic young employees had organised a Flash Mob and it was fun. 

Private practice is also going well.  The hospital is a good place and the owners are fine people.  I see a fair amount of diversity of cases and enjoy them.  Interesting is the young, unmarried, sexually active Indian - not a thing when I was a teenager.  At least, not publicly.  Now I have to caution the patients to use protection, at which point they often give me a surprised look. 

My father was in town last week, electing to stay with his plastic surgery colleagues at a hotel close to the venue of a conference.  We live about 30 km outside town, so getting him to and from his conference would have been time consuming and he is not a fan.  We went and saw him on 1 of the conference days and took him out for tea: my sister gets concerned at his sitting for 12 hours in an airconditioned room, as he has COPD, and we hoped to minimise his exposure to non-stop cold air.  It was a nice evening, and he indulged us before quickly insisting on returning to the conference. 

We saw "Jojo Rabbit" and "Parasite."  I enjoyed the former immensely and have become a Taika Waititi fan.  The latter was well-made, but since poverty is all-pervasive here, it was not novel and enjoyable for me.  Scott said it was a very well-made film and lo and behold, it won "Best picture" and a host of other Academy awards.  I like the fact that Brad Pitt won: Naren and I have discussed how some actors' stunning good looks often detract from their talent.  Mr. Pitt's comedic timing - as evidenced in "Burn after reading" - is also good. 

We "hung out" with Naren and Navin yesterday and that was fun.  I always enjoy the boys' perspective on all manner of things, and we laughed a fair amount, too. 

Hope you have joy and laughter in your life!

Unw -

R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home