Renu's Week

Sunday, December 22, 2019

Report of 22 Dec 2019

Hoo, the heart is full -

The suspense I spoke of last week was Navin getting his visa to come home.  A cousin helped immensely in that regard, and Navin is here.  As is Naren.  Yay!  Scott asked what I wanted for Christmas and I have it. 

I wound up my work at Kovalam and Adaikalam last week, and will be off the Banyan for about 10 days.  There are still numerous messages that come by phone and Whatsapp, and that is totally okay. 

We lost a patient in Kovalam and a patient in Adaikalam this week.  They were older and - as always - I gave many thanks that the ladies were with us, tended and adored and respected until their last breaths.  They likely had their last rites administered, as well, and that is very important in the Hindu faith.  Probably in other faiths, also. 

My private practice is nice.  Swaram is a good place, with very nice colleagues, and I like going to work there.  An 85-year-old patient came to me yesterday, with mouth sores.  She also had a rattly cough which did not appear to bother her or her son.  I attempted to treat the mouth sores and she said things to me like, "Must go when I am standing" and "Cannot be a burden."  Folks of that age tend to speak of death. 

We have done little this week but hang out at home.  Naren has been here and it is quite joyous to listen to our son.  Today, we have listened to both Naren and Navin - with double the joy and lots of laughter.  We have also made several trips to the provisions store, buying vats of this and that.  All joyous.  I ordered a cake from the Banyan and they historically do a very good job of baking. 

We are ready for Christmas, with plans in place. 

May the blessings of the Christ child be with you at Christmas and all through a happy and healthy 2020!  Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

Unw -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home