Renu's Week

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Report of 28 June '09

Hoo, the bad mood is slowly dissipating -

I'd had my work schedule dickered with for the umpteenth time and was not happy. There is a tremendous taking-my-availability-for-granted, and I had to put a stop to it. It was finely balanced with the need to be congenial and help out.

On the plus side, I spent the weekend with in-laws and had a great time. Their presence is always therapeutic.

I have been having a good time seeing patients. One of them, a 19 yo, came for a college physical exam and I went over history in some detail. She is just about my sons' age, and I always think when I'm seeing this age folks that I hope someone will be good to my kids when they live far away from us. This young lady and I had a delightful discussion on matters other than health, and since I had time, I enjoyed the interaction.

Today was spent at a picnic and Indianapolis Indians ball game - organised by St. V. It was fun; nice to see colleagues away from work.

Facebook has yielded some friends from years before. It's been nice, actually. One of them had not heard about my brother's demise, and while it is still dreadfully difficult to speak of it, his condolences were welcome and gave some succor.

The 3 Weiss men are well and enjoying the new family dynamics (i.e., sans me). They do very well, overall, and I have enjoyed talking to them.

Unw -

R

1 Comments:

  • OMG Renu! I was driving to work today (Wed) and who do I see taking a morning walk on Cumberland Rd? YOU!! I assume you're staying with the family in Fishers. I'm maybe 3 miles from you. We need to get together. Are you available tonight or tomorrow night??
    Ali ali_floyd@hotmail.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/7/09 7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home