Renu's Week

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Report of 26 Mar '09

Why do we procreate?



Mystery, isn't it - parenthood is pretty much a thankless profession, but occasionally glimmers of unexpected joy and a pleasant surprise or 2 come up. I imagine that's what keeps us going.



Today was a day of arguing in the fam. One kid had been told that for the rest of the study holidays, he'd have to study at home. Today he tried to wheedle "combined study" at a friend's house. The argument was long, heated and hurtful. So be it. Adolescence is a turbulent time, they say nasty things as a matter of course. I called my parents after that just to unload and that was wonderfully therapeutic.



As I've said before, in the scheme of the cosmos, this works very well: when I leave to work in the U.S., it's with a sense of purpose, not guilt or immediate pining for the family.



Navin's geography exam yesterday was cancelled: a school in Bangalore opened the Wednesday papers on Monday itself by accident, and so the Board cancelled the exam and rescheduled it for 2 April. Navin is po'd. I am glad the school owned up, though. The ethics of exam-taking are fairly absent in India, thus many international exam organisations do not use India as a center due to rampant cheating and fraud. That saddens me, but we did it to ourselves, didn't we.


Unw -

R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home