Renu's Week

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Report of 18 Mar '09

Hello from exam paradise -

We are well. I guess some kids study when the time comes, some all the time and some not at all. Let us see what the marks show.

Early this morning, a neighbor called at 0145 or so, and we didn't hear the phone. She must have tried repeatedly and finally, Scott answered. Her father was slurring his speech and refusing to be evaluated in the hospital, so they called us. Scott deflected the call, and asked that she call the other doctor in the complex. I don't know if she did, but I'd better prepare for these late night emergency calls; if I am not on call, I wake up weirdly and Scott knows that. It takes several minutes to establish coherence or any sense, and Scott was understandably protective of his family, esp at exam time. The net result is that I was sorry, because the neighbor's was an emergency and I was unable to respond. This morning, there was an ambulance in the complex for the patient.

My sons thought I was blameless in this situation, because, as they put it, "It's very hard to wake up at 1.45 AM."

My young student did not go to her other tutor and I am livid. She is apparently too timid to take the bus and go to Tiruvanmiyur (not far away) and that is her cross to bear. I told her mother that all of us were happy to help a young woman in college, but she ought to do her part to comply. Let's see.

My first-born son turned 18 last week. How time flies. We went out for a sumptuous breakfast and then spent the day here, studying and such. Both boys took sweets over to our maids' houses and that created big waves in that neighborhood, in a good way. That's always nice - to create waves in a good way.

Unw -

R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home