Renu's Week

Sunday, September 29, 2019

Report of 29 Sept 2019

Good evening!

The sky is pink, the sea is blue and there is traffic on the Muttukadu bridge.  Some of the newer buses have lights on their undercarriage, too, and look like a "boat bus;" I love the sight of them.

We are well and hope the same with you.  Kovalam's clinic has been cut to every other week, so I did not go this week.  The Banyan is trying to get the populace to go to the Government facility, so that the care can be transitioned in a sustainable fashion.  The management of the Banyan is visionary, so this is likely a good move; I do not know how the patients are responding.  Some of the older patients have not been told to go to the PHC (the Primary Health Center); they like coming to us and I like treating them.

Adaikalam was fine.  A plastic surgeon and head nurse from SMF Hospital came to give us a talk on pressure sores; it was excellent.  We have to focus on prevention.  Both the visitors were delighted to be with us: our staff and patients have that effect on people.  They want to come back, and we welcome them. 

One of my favorite patients was lying down when I entered Adaikalam last week; lunch was over and it was time for the post-meal siesta.  She asked if I had eaten.  She is mentally ill, mentally challenged, her speech is not very clear, her family and she are not in contact, and yet she had the wherewithal and the consideration to ask after me.  I am unfailingly touched by such words.  We are fortunate to work where we do. 

Scott and I went to Madurai on Friday and returned on Saturday.  We took some salami for my father, which he enjoys.  We spent time talking and laughing and eating, as families are wont to do when together.  The next morning, the young lady who helps run the house had crisp and tasty dosais for us for breakfast, made hot and delivered to our plates as we finished the previous one, and we enjoyed breakfast.  My father had salami again :).  Scott and I drove back yesterday and were lucky to get to our balcony before sun-down. 

We saw 2 movies this week: "Otha seruppu size 7" and "Kaappaan."  The former, a 1-person flick, was excellent.  Resul Pookutty, who won an Oscar for Best Sound Mixing for "Slumdog Millionaire," did the sound design for this film.  As the reviewer said, with a cast of 1, all other elements have to be first-rate and they were.  "Kaappaan" was dreadful; it is a "masala movie," intended as an entertainer and sans plot or intelligence.  It had Suriya in it, and I have a big crush on the man; or "had," after this flick.  There were some dance numbers and pretty people, and it lasted 165 minutes. 

We got to talk to 1 boy as the other was travelling.  I do like catching them when we can.

Unw -

R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home