Renu's Week

Sunday, December 03, 2017

Report of 3 Dec 2017

So, being on Gmail, suddenly Blogger does not recognise me and says I have no blogs under my authorship.  The tech husband is trying to work on a fix, so in the meantime, here is the blog entry on email.

I am viscerally finding the need to write.  For some time now, resigning from the Banyan has been on my mind.  This is an organisation I expected to leave only with rigor mortis (the stiffness of death), and am now seriously considering resignation.  As a mentor said when he left a hospital that he had been associated with for a long time, maybe it's me.  I know that I am not happy at one branch, have started berating the patients and that is not good for anyone.  I plan to continue at the other branch, as that is "home" to me.

On the 18th, I dashed off to the U.S. to see my sons and realign the cosmos.  For a year or 2 now, I have wanted to give them a quasi home at Thanksgiving and we hung out this year.  There is a hotel in Carmel, Indiana, that we consider home, the service is excellent, we know most people there and we chilled.  I swam in the pool to my heart's content, we partook of the breakfast ad infinitum and on the day that all 3 of us were there - Black Friday - we spent an hour and a half at the breakfast table, talking, laughing, eating, drinking.  It was grand fun and I returned refreshed, with a suitcase loaded with treats for others.  We also saw my in-laws and watched "The Brave" there as it had not been screened in India; it was cool to see Naren on TV and hang out with the in-laws.    

Private practice is nice.  A memorable patient this week was a lady who works at the Cancer Center, who was diagnosed newly with diabetes at our hospital.  One of her well-meaning family members, knowing little about the illness, asked if she could bring her juice and I said no; she mentioned that the patient had declined, but that the relative wanted to check.  I liked the patient immensely: she was motivated to bring her illness under control, was prepared to do it with diet and exercise, and did all that we told her.

We saw 5 movies in the U.S. - Victoria and Abdul, Justice League, Murder on the Orient Express, Thor Ragnarok (2nd time for me, clearly I had to be forced to go and see the handsome and very funny Chris Hemsworth), and 3 billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri.  Navin did not care for the last flick at all, believing in the milk of human kindness; I rather liked the acting there and did agree that the premise (a rape and murder) was gruesome.

The sea is blue, the view is clear and the Christmas season is on us.  Scott and I headed townward yesterday to see a play benefiting charity, the tickets were sold out, we were happy for that, and headed home.  I got up very early this morning to swim, as I think the lack of exercise in my jet-lagged state this week truly hampered my mood.  I also got to talk to my father, there were lots of chuckles and we will see him in about 3 weeks.  

Have a great week!

Unw,

R      


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home