Renu's Week

Sunday, October 01, 2017

Report of 1 Oct 2017

Good evening from our balcony -

There is an extended family plooshing about in the pool in the next building, our clothes are dry and the sea is a blue-grey as night falls.  My long weekend is over.  Tomorrow is Gandhi Jayanthi - Gandhi's birthday and a national holiday - but the B's patients know no such holiday and I will also return to my private practice tomorrow. 

The week has been fine.  Nothing like returning to the Banyan.  One of our long-time patients (file no. 7, when we have treated over 1800 patients!) is ill with dengue and hospitalised.  She is a beloved individual and all are praying.  She appears to be improving, and I hope for the best.  She also has diabetes and is a breast cancer survivor, and these things can contribute to complicate illnesses, so I am holding my breath.  Prayers welcome.

Kovalam was also great.  The proportion of mentally ill patients seeking physical illness care is on the increase and I am privileged.  By all statistics, mentally ill patients do not do well when physical illness hits and I am grateful the B has an avenue for both mental illness and physical illness clinics to happen at the same time. 

I saw a movie this week - a Tamil film called "Thupparivaalan," by one of my favorite directors, Mysskin.  Going alone to the movies here is not de rigeur, and I filled the manager in on my state of affairs; he gives me a non-crowded seat, if possible.  I am immensely grateful for this kindness, as I simply want to watch the flick without interruption from other viewers.  My profusion of grey hair helps this cause. 

We Skyped with the boys today and that was nice.  I will remain perennially grateful that they talk to us.

Scott is near me on our balcony, on his computer.  I have cooked a vat of pasta, ably aided by the sous-chef, the aforementioned Scott, and was grateful for his cutting assistance.  I was not as wildly impressed by the pasta, but Scott was, and had 2 bowls.  It is fun to cook; our kitchen is a tad small, but the sous-chef assistance helped in all manner of ways.

May you have fine times and meals of your own.

Unw -

R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home