Renu's Week

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Report of 29 Jan 2017

Wow, lookit, January is almost over.

I am on our balcony, the jewel-like lights of buildings nearby are on, traffic is heading home on East Coast Road and we have just finished watching Federer win the Australian Open.  It was a nice match, shame there was only one winner.  We do not have a TV, and watched the game online.  When sporting events are on is the only time I miss having a TV; it is always a juicy treat to watch a good sporting contest.

The week has been good.  The Banyan is wonderful, as always.  We have had older patients reel under arthritis, and feel better after having done some basic exercises - halleluia.  I do not like watching patients in pain, at all.  Private practice is also good.  I have had some young patients and this is a treat; I did not have many young patients as a hospitalist in the U.S.  These folks come in with fever or stomach upsets and it is nice to interact with them; I also get quite aware of my age (53) during these times, as the young patients address me as "Ma'am."  It is particularly nice when they heal well, as is their bodies' wont.

Scott and I were in Madurai last week.  It was the anniversary of the demise of my brother Manu, and the visit to the cemetery was much more difficult this year.  It is, annually, and I could not figure out why it was more so this year; my Dad, Scott and I went nonetheless and paid our respects.  The cook at my Dad's house made Manu's favorite food, and we remembered him.  He was big and handsome and loving.

Friends from Purdue days, Radhika and Tushar, were in town and they spent the afternoon with us yesterday.  That was lovely.  We watched Serena beat Venus - again, shame there could only be 1 winner - and I rejoiced yet again at watching 2 young African American women who have set a good example, not just for African American women, but for all women.

We Skyped with the boys today, and they are well, thank Heavens.  I will never stop appreciating the boys' communicating with us; there is a lot of laughter in the chatter and unvarnished truth, which I am grateful for.  There are so many families where there is no communication and more rancor than rapport - shame.

Unw -

R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home