Renu's Week

Wednesday, November 01, 2017

Report of 1 Nov '17

Good evening -

The NE Monsoon is in full force, the day is dark and grey outside, but our world is happy and bright: Naren messaged this morning and stated he was okay and safe.  He had been at the site of the tragedy a few hours prior.  We are grateful to all the powers that our son is okay.

Our thoughts are with the victims and their families.  What a real phenomenon gunmen are starting to become.  And in the U.S., not just Syria or Somalia or Sudan.  As one survivor said, "This does not happen in Vancouver." 

My whole day was spent being immensely grateful.  I was in my private practice today and had several extremely appreciative patients.  That was nice, also.  One of them has a stomach ulcer aggravated by his demanding software job and I told him to put everything in the balance, and to go to the Banyan for counselling. 

The Banyan is fine and one of my favorite patients, Ms. X, came by and gave me 2 bobby pins when I was there yesterday.  She might have found them on the ground, but I am grateful for the interaction.  She is mentally challenged and her speech is hard to understand, but she is unfailingly considerate and appreciative, and that is a great joy.  As is everything today.

One of the Security officers of the Banyan met with an accident last week and died, I am very sorry to say.  He was a good man.  His daughter is ostensibly getting married today, the wedding to go on as all arrangements were made so in advance and were in place.  His son died in an accident earlier this year, and he and I used to talk about it.  I miss him.  I miss our conversations, the respect we shared, his grey hair and gentle demeanor.  I feel for his wife and daughter, the survivors of this family.

I phoned my father today; he was reading the Bible and I gave him the news of Naren.  I also thanked him for his prayers, and he said, "Prayer helps."  We were delighted to see my brother, sister-in-law and niece over the weekend; that was grand fun.  Family truly is everything.

Hug your loved ones today.

Unw -

R   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home