Renu's Week

Saturday, January 14, 2017

Report of 14 Jan 2017

Good evening from our sea-view balcony -

I love Chrome; it auto-fills.

Scott and I are sitting here on our respective computers.  The evening light is fading and some buildings have their outer lights on.

Like a blur, our sons' visit has ended.  It was great while they were here and I had waited for it.  Navin had to return to school, Naren hung around for just a little longer.  The newly-wed couple (my nephew and his charming wife) took extended family out for dinner at a very upscale restaurant and the good times continued, with our meeting the in-laws and having a very merry time.

The Banyan is grand.  We lost a dear patient a couple of weeks ago; she was older, had been with us for a while and even through her dementia, her sense of mischief and fun stayed intact.  As my colleague, Leela, and I said, we are a family, greying together, acquiring glasses together and mourning the passing of loved ones.

I love working at the B because I can order the tests I want within reasonable limits; in private practice, the patients refuse sometimes.

Private practice is also fun.  Being able to practice medicine in India is a blast and I like Swaram Hospital a bunch.  I even go in on Saturday mornings as it is not onerous; I did not go for a few days when the boys were here.

Scott and I saw a couple of movies (La La Land was fun) and have taken to eating a lot at "Writer's Cafe," a cafe run by burns victims trained to provide excellent pastries and other good food.

We hope you have merry times!

Unw -

R   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home