Renu's Week

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Report of 11 Aug 2016

Hello from our living room and in front of the TV -

We don't have a TV in India and don't miss it; I am enjoying all the sporting action from the Olympics while we are stateside.

It would be grand, though, if there were some coverage of other countries: in prime time, we have been inundated with U.S. Gymnastics and Swimming, and I remember doing a double-take when the camera panned to a competitor from elsewhere, only then realising there were other countries competing :).

Life is fine here, work is very busy.  That is one of the characteristics of a tertiary hospital, where challenging cases come from elsewhere.  One of my patients had been in the hospital for 11 days by the time I finished my week on; he has had surgery, and we (Internal Medicine hospitalists) have helped manage his blood pressure and blood sugar.  He and his wife are very gracious and appreciative; it makes the work day that much better when patients and family are nice.

I spoke to my father yesterday and he was well.  We have made plans to meet when Scott and I return to India.  Scott, Naren and Navin are well, and busy with their own individual pursuits.  We saw Scott's mother, aunt and uncle about 2 weeks ago, and Scott's sister, Diane, came up to visit us, all of which was nice.

What is with the movie industry?  There has not been a wealth of good movies this summer and, indeed, I can only remember 2 as being good - "Warcraft," and "Hunt for the Wilderpeople."  I was surprised that Warcraft was entertaining, full of intrigue and plot twists and a good story line.  "Hunt ..." was hilarious - from New Zealand and loaded with humor.

Let me wind up.  Every day brings some joys, does it not.

Unw -

R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home