Renu's Week

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Report of 17 Jan 2016

Good morning!

The sun was behind the clouds and is now peeking out.  I can see a gleam on the sea.  The household is asleep and this is a fine time.

We are well.  My sister-in-law, Diane, is visiting and the visit has been fun.  This is her first time overseas; she halted in Istanbul on the way over to visit a cousin's daughter and then there was a bomb blast after she left.  She landed in Chennai safely.  She visited the B, a few tourist sites and then yesterday, we drove to Vellore to visit my sister, Anu.  Part of the drive was through scenic and picturesque villages and we enjoyed it as much as Diane did.  Vellore was also nice; the visit with Anu, full of giggles and chatter and good food, was grand fun.

The B has been fine.  One of the patients helps run the clinic on Mondays, being a former college professor, and appears to have had a mini-stroke or the beginnings of dementia.  This lady is a favorite, being my aunt's classmate and a delight.  I told her I needed to get an MRI, and then treat the stroke if she'd had one; she asked what I would do if she were near death and that it could not be prevented.  I agreed, and said if it were a stroke, there was a blood thinner I could put her on.  The MRI was unobtainable due to reasons I must investigate next week, and I have started her on aspirin.  She has become irritable, and that could be the start of dementia.  We are privileged to have this lady in our midst.

Naren visited Vandana yesterday to discuss various things.  Vandana turns 45 today.  She founded this singularly magnificent organisation, along with her friend Vaishnavi, when both were 22 and 21, respectively.  What vision, foresight and insight.  It has been a privilege to work here.

Well, let me go get some breakfast and such.  Hope you folks have a splendid week!

Unw -

R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home