Renu's Week

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Report of 31 Dec 2015

Happy old year!

I am in our living room, 1 son is hanging up his laundry on our balcony, 1 son is on a plane to the U.S.  It has been good having both boys around, and the fact that 1 son is still here is also good.

We are well and hope the same with all of you.  The boys and we went to Mysore to see some relatives, including the boys' differently-abled cousin.  It was a fun trip.  We had lunch with my aunt and it was a great meal, full of good food and unbridled pampering.  We took the day train back and it is a comfortable way to travel; food comes to your seat, the entire train is airconditioned, etc.

I worked from home last week and will do so this week, also.  Family started to come into the city in fits and starts and that was fun.  The boys went out with their cousin, Sudhir, to do what young men do - drink and carouse.  One stayed as the designated driver, hooray.  The next day, my father and sister came into town and we had a giant meal on Xmas Eve.  The day after, my sister-in-law and niece joined us, and Xmas lunch was a rollicking fun affair.  There was endless cooking, and that was okay.  Fun to cook for mobs of people.

We also ordered pastries from our favorite bakery - Winners - which trains underprivileged young folks in the baking trade.  It ain't a pity party there, the fare is actually delicious.  We also ordered some cake and savories from the Banyan's vocational therapy unity, and they were tasty.  Navin has taken some back with him.

We went to Viet Nam for a short holiday with our sons.  I'd had a good experience with many VN folks in the U.S. and wanted to see their country.  Ho Chi Minh City's tourism is built on guilt - the "War Crimes" museum, the Revolutionary Museum, etc.  The people were lovely and we ate a lot of street food, I being tremendously impressed that none of us fell sick.  We toodled back to Chennai and now the holiday weeks are ending.

We hope you had some fun times of your own.  We wish you a happy and healthy 2016!

Unw -

R    

13 Comments:

  • Why did you not mention the fact that your brother had brought Ahana on the pretext of car service and blackmailed her that if she told the truth to the mother she would be beaten....and your brother is unemployed and you and your father encourage that.....please ve away from my daughter......

    By Blogger TT, at 15/1/16 11:16 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger TT, at 15/1/16 11:19 AM  

  • Renu keep out of my daughter's life...till 18 I decide things for her...you have your niece Sanjana shower affection on her and Susan your friend....just leave Ahana out of this Christmas stuff...we do not won't your gifts....

    By Blogger TT, at 15/1/16 12:18 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger TT, at 15/1/16 12:19 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger TT, at 15/1/16 12:20 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger TT, at 15/1/16 12:27 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger TT, at 15/1/16 12:29 PM  

  • Christmas was a lovely occasion which turned into nightmares after marriage for me....

    By Blogger TT, at 15/1/16 12:34 PM  

  • How much ever you try to turn my daughter she knows where the real attention is ....it's her maternal grand mom....your late mother never treated her and me well and so did u....

    By Blogger TT, at 15/1/16 12:36 PM  

  • Christmas was a lovely occasion which turned into nightmares after marriage for me....

    By Blogger TT, at 15/1/16 12:42 PM  

  • Don't interfere in how I bring up my daughter she is my responsibility and I don't approve of her comming to your house without my knowledge. ..ur brother did not raise her single handedly...I did not receive support from my in-laws...my mother helped ....so stay away...

    By Blogger TT, at 15/1/16 6:05 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger TT, at 15/1/16 6:07 PM  

  • Delete Ahanas snaps...I don't trust you...you will misuse them...you are not welcome to my house...don't try comming in like u did before...

    By Blogger TT, at 15/1/16 11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home