Renu's Week

Monday, October 13, 2008

Report of 13 Oct '08

Hello from the B -

I am breathing distance away from my colleague, and this is the way those of us who need computers must work.

The B is fine, and we are bracing for the monsoon. It seems to have started yesterday, and poured buckets. My cabbie didn't show up today, and didn't call, either, so I had to take an auto (a little 3-wheeled cab) and it was adventurous. Almost to a person, though, the auto drivers are gallant: there's a little strip of tarp on the passenger side opening so that rain doesn't pelt the client, and the drivers generally try to maneuver the vehicle so that rainwater doesn't come splashing in from wheels of other cars.

My patient with breast cancer has gone home. She had been listless and apathetic, not wanting to do very much for herself, and then her son started visiting. He brought fruit and juice, and some of her favorite foods, which she requested, and she got to feeling good. I haven't been told otherwise, but it appears like the son might be wanting his mother's last days with him, and that's a fine thing. I think the entire reading audience knows how much I whine when I have a simple cold, and want the family around me, and blah blah, so I especially appreciate when a son can take care of his dying mother.

We were privileged to have my sister-in-law, Susan, and her family visit. My nephews came to spend the night and we played board games, overate and laughed a lot. Naren went on a school trip and was back by the weekend, and the next morning, very early, he came and woke his father up, stating his stomach was upset. Both Scott and I got up and tended to the boy. Later, we had a discussion about why he chose to wake up the engineer for the illness when the doctor was also present.

Unw -

R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home