Renu's Week

Saturday, August 28, 2021

Report of 28 Aug 2021

 Good evening!

We are enjoying watching the Paralympics - such fortitude, skill, joy!

We are well and hope the same with you.  My telemedicine practice had a lady with chronic kidney disease.  She had become a bit frustrated with the dietary restrictions and wanted to eat a piece of fish occasionally.  I do not manage kidney disease, leaving it to the nephrologists, so I consulted a neph friend of mine and my sister-in-law, a nutritionist.  Both had lots of good input and I felt prepared to consult with this lady.  The appointment went very well; the patient is older, in her 80's, and I love the older patient populace.  We had a genial visit, and I mentioned to her caregiver niece that a small piece of fish perhaps once a week was okay, keeping the balance of the kidney disease and the patient's food likes in mind.  

My healthy weight practice is also fine.  Small clientele, but usually motivated to listen to advice and increase intake of millets and raw vegetables.  The weight comes off slowly, but that's how I want it.

We listened to a very good talk by a neurologist friend, Dr. Prithika Chary, on the aging brain.  It's nice to listen to useful educational info.  A well-meaning friend suggested I learn to design my website myself; I sat to do that one day, but quickly realised that I like soaking up medical info and not website-design instructions.  So, the trusty husband, Scott, to the rescue.  The results are at https://bit.ly/doctalk-rw.  I also finished the foundation course by the Telemedicine Society of India and it is useful in this new era of tele-this and -that.  

Scott and I went to Mysore last week, after my sister-in-law made the same train journey without having to provide a negative RT-PCR test.  It was good to see my aunt, my mother's younger sister.  We had a meal with her, with lots of laughter and chatter.  We saw some other relatives, too, and returned invigorated.  My former Banyan colleague, Mr. V, now runs a taxi service and he picked us up from the station; it was good to support a former colleague and truly splendid to get home without having to haggle with a cab driver.  

Scott and I spoke to our respective parents, and that was enjoyable, as usual.    

I am in a bad mood today, but it has lessened after this writing.  I hope all of you are well and safe.

Unw -

R  

1 Comments:

  • Hi Ms.Renu. My brother James passed away yesterday at 12:40 am. We are all completely devastated 😢 His daughter Mariah is now the only one left of her immediate family. James is now with his wife and younger daughter. I am so worried about Mariah but she has a beautiful 1 year old son that she has to take care of. My heart is broken 💔 I wish this was all a dream and that James would walk in flashing his million dollar smile 1 more time.

    By Blogger Aurora Freeman, at 28/8/21 8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home