Renu's Week

Sunday, March 21, 2021

Report of 21 Mar 2021

Good evening!

My favorite husband has sprouted a goatie, I like the look, he is sitting across from me at our dining table as I write this.  The sun is shining, all the ice in the pond nearby has melted and the ducks are not as swimmy as they were when the pond was iced over almost completely.

We are well.  We celebrated Naren's 30th birthday with him, and had NY pizza and salad.  Earlier in the day, Scott and I had had bagels and cream cheese, NY style - the cream cheese was layered thicker than the bagels were and it made for a very filling meal.  So I kept my dinner salad for later, the men ate and we talked; Naren stopped by our room for a little while and then we walked him to the train station.  

We drove back from NYC on Tuesday.  Scott had to teach a class online and sat at the breakfast area of the hotel.  I packed up the room and loaded the car as best as I could.  We hit the road soon after his class was over.  I did not find driving in NYC horrible as I braced for the double parking and the statutory "No turn on Red" that applies all over the city.  We got home about 11 hours later and were grateful for daylight savings time.  

We did 3 loads of laundry after we got back.  Momentous, because we have never been gone that long.  I also had an appointment with the Clinical Exercise Physiology program at Ball State University, where I got tested and had an exercise program prescribed.  Starting it has been exciting - the whole goal is 1 leg muscle.  My BP and HR are fine, and I am getting stronger for having exercised, but that leg muscle - that is an elusive one.  A fine physical therapist in town also advised me on several issues pertaining to foot pain and the leg muscle, and I am in good hands.

As I walked out of our apartment one evening, a young man nearby said, "Excuse me."  I turned around and he asked if he could give me some food as he did not want to throw it while moving out of his apartment.  I am not at all a fan of throwing food, either, so I accepted the eggs and vegetables and fruit.  We lugged a portion of the goodies to Nat's farm yesterday.  Many of the young people there are excellent cooks, and will use the food. 

We had a good visit at Nat's farm, including walking their very fun dog, Bear.  The day was beautiful and it was nice to walk in all that open space.  The young people are great to interact with, and it is a grand time listening to them.  We then drove to Carmel and visited our friend, Colleen.  She and family used to host us every year when we came to Indiana, and are family.  It was a very nice visit - lots of laughter and chatter, pizza and chocolate.  

Both Scott and I spoke to our respective parents today, the Sunday tradition.  That was the fun event it always is - I could hear Scott laughing, and my Dad and I chuckled at various things during our chat, also.  My Dad's caregiver is a respectful person, and my Dad likes him, which is very good.   

Today was spent getting ready for the work week.  Packing lunches, boiling eggs (courtesy our departing neighbor) for the week's breakfast and charging up my work tablet.  Scott and I took a long walk in the sunshine, and enjoyed it.    

We hope you have a very nice week.

Unw -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home