Renu's Week

Sunday, August 08, 2021

Report of 8 Aug 2021

 Good evening!

This has been a splendid Olympics, hasn't it.  Scott is an ex-athlete and sports buff, thus I have got excellent tech details on the various sports plus fun trivia on the various athletes.  No offence, the coverage here has been balanced; I understand the broadcaster has not done a good job in the U.S.  

So now the young husband has turned cricket on.  Not for me just yet.  I loved watching the other sports: we even invested in a TV for that reason.  It has been joyous.  What could not be watched on TV, we watched on computers, sometimes on 2 computers.  Yes, the pandemic continues to rage, but it has been most therapeutic for the soul to watch the grace and class and ability of the athletes.

I have a telemedicine practice now - https://bit.ly/doctalk-rw.  The healthy weight program has attracted some patients and some success - yay!  There was also an enquiry about an older patient who has had leg swelling; as I pondered over the multiple causes, her son mentioned that her cardiologist stopped one of her medicines.  My, yes!  Some medicines can certainly cause leg swelling and it was very good to be reminded of it, as I was focusing more on the organic causes.  "Listen to the patient (or family member) - (s)he will give you the diagnosis."  Slight adaptation of Osler's quote.    

COVID continues to do the rounds here and - I hear - elsewhere.  There is an able administrator in charge in our state, Tamil Nadu, so we no longer have to man the volunteer network and scour for beds or oxygen.  It is quite a nice state of being.

We talked to the children yesterday and it was the massive fun fest it always is.  It is a privilege to be connected to family.

Stay safe and well.  I mean that sincerely.

Unw -

R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home