Renu's Week

Monday, June 29, 2020

Report of 29 June 2020

Good evening!

Bright sunlight and pretty colors outside.  We are sitting under the fan.  There is no airconditioning in our house for a variety of reasons, chief among them the fact that we will stick inside the lone room that is airconditioned and miss out on life. 

We are well and hope the same with you.  Scott and I battled one-day viruses yesterday and are grateful they were one-day deals.  It is fine for physicians to go through such ailments, I tell you, because then we know first hand of what the patients speak when they say, "I caught a little cold, but I was so wiped out."  As we age, we are coming up with all sorts of bodily fun and games: I am balding in front above my forehead and my ankles swell, Scott says he is no longer as flexible as he used to be.  Then I look at my shock of grey hair and the people Ma'am-ing me, and I know I am aging.  I rather like getting to this age - no rein on the old mouth.

The Banyan is nice.  We are in lockdown no. 5 in Chennai and this one is strict, with stern monitoring of travels.  I had my doctor's ID and got to work last week; Scott had said he would have been surprised if I had made it all the way to Adaikalam, about 60 kms away.  It was nice to go: the roads were quiet, the Banyan merry and I finished work quickly.  Before work started, one of the cooks made me a couple of thin and crisp dosais (rice crepes) and plated them beautifully, insisting that they were thin and I ought to eat 2.  I was touched by the attention.  There were some staff to be attended to, also, and that was done.  In the midst of work, several people came bawling - some have had psychiatric medicines adjusted and apparently, symptoms got precipitated; some others had job situations to narrate.  I am not a psychiatrist and yelled for help; thankfully, it came quickly.  I am probably in for more when I go tomorrow. 

We spoke to the children last week and that was nice.  Both looked happy and relaxed.  Naren has finished his school year at a middle school and apparently was inundated with gifts on the last day, when he made a personal appearance to wish "his kids" farewell.  Nat looked good - hair was combed differently and the clothes were stylish.  I have asked that Nat not comb her hair back from the forehead as a couple of people - dermatologist, hair stylist - have said that could contribute to the baldness. 

I spoke to my father yesterday and that was the merry fest it always is.  He had listened to our Prime Minister's address and spoke of it; we do not have a TV, thus I appreciated my father's assessment of the speech.  We also got a few chuckles in about other matters and that was nice.  Last week was my mother-in-law's birthday and there was a Zoom call with the family to chat; that was also nice. 

We hope all of you are well.

Unw -

R  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home