Renu's Week

Sunday, June 21, 2020

Report of 21 June 2020

Happy Father's Day!

Hope all of you have a good day today.

We are well.  The Banyan is, of course, wonderful.  I went to work last Tuesday and the young man checking everyone's temperature, pulse, oxygen saturation, etc., before we are allowed to enter asked me if I had not brought any gifts - the previous week, I had taken some sweets.  I had not, and blamed it on my lack of salary.  Everyone understands that funda.  We now have a "male ward," where men can be housed - this is revolutionary, because for over 20+ years, we housed only women; this young man - doubling up for proctoring duty at the gate - works in the male ward.  I did not know his name and asked; he mentioned it and then said, "Everyone at the Banyan knows my name."  It is nice - and sometimes not - to have such robust self-esteem.

There were some COVID positive cases at one of the hospitals that we take our patients to and one of our colleagues had gone to said hospital.  She then developed a sore throat and my pulse started to race.  We isolated her and got her tested at our expense; thankfully, the result was negative.  All of us are breathing again. 

It is an unnerving time, innit - on the one hand, SARS-CoV2 is just a virus.  On the other hand, it can be fatal.  Better that all of us err on the side of caution with this deadly germ. 

The children and I did a "Continue this story" gift for Scott for Father's Day.  I started it, speaking of his younger days and took it up to our wedding, then Naren spoke of their teen and young adult years under their father's influence, then Nat spoke of adulthood and now.  The brief intra-group communication prior to the final product was hilarious and I enjoyed it.  Scott got the final product today and liked it; the children have written well and lovingly (not gushingly, and that's okay).  Being a coffee drinker, Scott likes his morning cup and had not tried cold coffee despite my extolling its virtues (I do not drink coffee, but have had this version); last night, through massive subterfuge, I made some coffee and put it in the fridge.  Thankfully, Scott was working behind closed doors, otherwise the smell of coffee - at night, from a non-coffee drinker - can cause serious suspicion.  Scott had the cold coffee this morning when we were chatting with our children, then had pasta for lunch (not common for us), and said he had a good Father's Day.  The cold coffee appears to have suited Scott's palate.   

I attended a workshop on stress yesterday and it was quite nice.  Useful.   

I am off to talk to my father now.  Have a very good day/evening, all!

Unw -

R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home