Renu's Week

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Report of 27 Sept 2015

Good afternoon from the Terre Haute library -

The patient I told you about last week died early Monday morning.  Scott and I went for the viewing on Thursday.  It was very crowded and therapeutic; there is something soothing in grieving together.  One of the finest meals I have ever had was after a rural Texas funeral, when the community got together in a community hall and we ate, talked, remembered the deceased.

One of my former employers has stated they would not pay me for some work I did for them, though I have it in writing that they said they would.  This is a first experience for me and I would like to get the cash.  Any suggestions?  Better Business Bureau?  Small claims court?  I had hoped things would not be acrimonious, but I need to be paid fairly.  It is not quite usual for our family to be screwed in money matters, and especially not in the U.S.

I worked in our rural hospital last week and loved it.  It is small and cute, and the folks know each other well.  Some of the patients were challenging - at least one wanted to file for disability and he had no known disability that I could see - but the staff were fabulous.  There is a new illness afoot for what we call "secondary gain," or profit from a condition - stroke.  Folks come in complaining of weakness on one side or loss of function; such conditions previously used to involve back pain.

Scott and I spent yesterday at his relatives' farms and that was nice.  Today, we had breakfast with Navin, which was grand fun, and saw a movie, "The Intern," which was good.  Naren is in L.A., preparing to be an understudy in a play, for which we wished him well; he is staying with close friends David and Peter.  Last week, we saw our friend Olivia and that was fabulous: she is a kind, gentle sort and passes on hand-me-up clothing, which I unfailingly welcome.  I abhor shopping for myself and Olivia spares me that trauma.

Terre Haute has been good.  I could get used to living here, but home does call: both Scott and I agree on that.

Until next week -

R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home