Renu's Week

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Report of 11 May 2014

Happy Mother's Day!!

It feels good to write.  To let my fingers dance over the keys, form words, put them down.  It would not matter very much to me if they are read or not, I like being able to write.

I had 2 lovely notes from my sons today: different, just like them.  But both loving and with me as the focus.  That is the essence of Mother's Day, is it not.

Navin and I share an apartment in Lebanon.  He works, I have just finished a mammoth assignment and am looking for another.  This time with Navin has been good; he is introspective, outspoken and funny.  This morning, we stepped out of our apartment and met a lovely older couple, with his and her walkers.  We had a most genial chat, and Navin was quiet through it, except when asked questions; later, when I remarked on the couple's loveliness, he readily agreed.  That's enough for me, truly. 

Naren is similar, appreciating people's goodness always. 

Scott is in India, working.  We talk or Skype regularly. 

I took an Advanced Cardiac Life Support class last week and enjoyed it.  It is nice to learn new stuff.  I also got to sit in on a lot of case discussions and education at St. V, which I greatly enjoyed. 

The Banyan is fine and we continue our perennially underfunded state.  It would be nice to do our work without having to constantly worry about the lack of money, would it not.  On the plus side, it does lend a great emphathy for our impoverished patients' situation. 

I spoke to my Dad a few days ago, and that was nice.  He is gearing up for the 50th anniversary celebrations of the deparment of Plastic Surgery, which he founded, at the Government Rajaji Hospital in Madurai. 

We saw several movies, and I particularly enjoyed "The Lunchbox."  Some Indian movies these days are different, and good, and fun.  Not all Bollywood song and dance, and definitely entertaining.  Naren is excited about this new indie wave.  Navin and I saw "The Railway Man," and it was a downer; we flinched at the torture scenes.  Beautifully acted, but depressing nonetheless.  Today, Navin went to work and I saw "The neighbors;" it wasn't bad.

We hope all of you are well.

Unw -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home