Renu's Week

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Report of 21 March 2014

Good morning from our room with a beautiful view -

Clouds are gathering and we are hopeful of rain.  The city faces a water shortage.

How the chest can hurt, eh.  It happens when I am driving, or seeing patients, or now.  We know little about the flight MH 370 and my thoughts turn there often.  Our friend's husband and daughter are holding up; the situation must be as wrenching for them.  If not more. 

My only cousin on my Dad's side passed away on Sunday.  He was 59, no age to die.  I went to Coimbatore after the funeral and saw his wife.  She is a lovely person; grieving with her and talking of our common relative was therapeutic.

Work has been good.  There is a patient, one of our residential clients at Kovalam, who gives massages, apparently.  It's an Indian-style massage, with pressing of the limbs and back.  She had pressed my arms one day and then asked for money.  While I do not really need a massage at work, I had let her massage and then given her Rs. 10.  She bounded in again on Monday and - viscerally feeling the need for human contact - I took a break and got a massage.  It was nice; press, press, press; feel the grief ooze out; revel in work, life.  I gave her the usual Rs. 10 and she left after tying it in one corner of her dupatta (shawl).  Several minutes later, she came back in; we were flooded with patients by this time and I thought to decline her repeat massage, but she opened her hands - full of sweets - and gave me one.  I nearly wept: this lady had no money other than the Rs. 10 I'd given her and what did she think to do with it - buy sweets that she would then share. 

Life is mysterious, but overall nice.

The boys are well and busy with their respective activities.  I spend much more conscious time with Scott now: we used to hang out and I'd be zoned out, or reading, or looking at others.  Now I talk more to him, listen, share time.  All very precious.

Unw -

R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home