Renu's Week

Monday, July 10, 2006

Report of 9 July '06

Hello there!

Hope all are well. I'm fine and ruing France's loss in the World Cup, esp Zidane's ouster. Dang. I wasn't too pleased w/ the Mavs losing, either, but was pleased to see the humble and immensely talented Dwyane Wade get his ring.

I have moved out of Kris and Gabe's warm, comfy home into the equally warm, comfy home of Deepali and Devendra Jani. Deepali is a dear sort, nice to all, and her home is lovely. Their 2 kids, Anil and Ajay, are hospitality incarnate, and this is a nice place to be.

My patient w/ Diabetes Type I returned to the clinic, having tested positive for Chlamydia, a sexually-transmitted disease. That surprised me, because testing for it had been the incidental part of his visit. Anyway, we spoke at length as he was extremely upset w/ himself for not using condoms: rightfully so, I thought. Certainly his girlfriend at the time had this disease, but it was completely up to him to protect himself. I am of the firm belief that young, unmarried folks getting intimate w/o condom use is very irresponsible and self-abusing; some have called it stupid and short-sighted, but I don't grab that description first.

One of the staff at this clinic had sent her adult son to me last year to get his high blood pressure (BP) treated. The young man had taken his meds, and not returned to the clinic in my absence. He returned last week, and we spoke about his health, the need for him to continue taking his meds, and for him to take good care of himself. It was a nice visit, very humbling for me as he reposed so much trust in me, and he stated he'd be back in a couple of weeks. I am always very honored when the staff trust me enough to send their loved ones to me.

Life w/ the 3 Weiss men is benign chaos, w/ Navin falling ill and having to miss school. Scott is back there now, and gamely holding the fort. Naren's test performance is causing some anxiety, as the almighty Board exam is in March. Naren was in honors classes here, but he states the Indian system of education is much harder. I imagine so, but both Scott and I like it that way. It is mighty comforting for me that Scott and I agree on big issues: living in India, caring for the destitute, emphasizing education and not the opposite sex to our sons, sharing housework in the maid's absence, teaching the boys to cook. He's a good guy, ol' Scott.

Saw a bunch of movies, and have enjoyed the great outdoors in Indiana. Suddenly, the actor John Cusack is a great favorite.

Unw -
Renu

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home