Renu's Week

Sunday, February 11, 2024

Report of 11 Feb 2024

 Well, I was in a bad mood earlier, but it's resolving.  

A friend of a friend is interested in donating to the B.  That sort of news puts me in a good mood.  Farshid, a soul mate and dear friend from childhood, whom I'd spoken of last blog, had spoken of the B to a friend of his and the friend wants to help.  Yay!  One of the main purposes of having Nat's wedding at the B - in addition to the patients' participation - was to showcase the B (and its power to transform lives) to the world.  That is indeed happening - hooray!

We are well.  Scott attended training sessions that his partners gave at a corporate location.  I gave a talk on healthy weight and fitness, also supported by a corporate partner, and enjoyed it immensely.  In addition to solving medical mysteries and taking care of patients - especially to watch them get better - I love giving talks.  It's nice to give accurate, well-researched info (all credit to the American College of Physicians for their material) and answer questions, hopefully shatter misconceptions.  

I have a telemedicine practice and have a patient who is balking at taking meds for blood pressure.  I told her of an inmpoverished patient I once had who could afford her diabetes meds for 5 days of the month; this lady came to me with high blood pressure and I told her the benefits of walking 30 minutes a day and watching the salt in her diet.  I suggested that she adopt these 2 measures and we would reassess a few weeks later.  The lady came back to me a few weeks later and voila! - her BP was 20 points lower.  It was fabulous.  My joy showed through and both she and I were very happy - she to avoid paying for medications, and I to see that simple interventions were yielding powerful results.  

When I am in a foul mood, I think of Nat and James touching my Dad's feet so correctly and my Dad feeling valued and included in the wedding ceremony, and all is better.  

I don't watch movies these days.  At one time, I used to watch 3 in 1 day.  We get "Friends" here and I often watch a little 22-minute snippet - sans commercials - and feel lighter.  

We hope you have many good and light days.

Until next week -

R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home