Renu's Week

Monday, May 14, 2012

Report of 13 May 2012

Good morning!

Hope all are well. Belated Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful mothers! I had a great Mother's Day. Scott and I drove to Terre Haute, got Navin and went to see "The Hunger Games." We then went out to eat, and after that, Skyped together with Naren. So I got to "see" both my sons - the best present for a mother. The boys were gentle and genuine with their wishes and - like all of us - perhaps they are appreciating their parents more as they age.

Work has been very good, and I appreciate working 8 to 5 on weekdays, and having the weekends free. Rehabilitation Hospital of Indiana is a fine place to be, and we work at rehabilitating patients after strokes or accidents. The number of young people in accidents is a bit revelationary, and thankfully, it has not been as much as popular opinion would have us think. The team works together - and all are a part of it: patients, therapists, nutritionists, nurses, physicians. Daily, we get hugs from patients as they leave the facility, and they have been here a while, so we get to know them quite a bit. They rehab, get stronger, feel better and more confident, and return to daily life.

A couple of days ago, we had a code, i.e., a need to resuscitate a critically ill patient. I heard later that the patient died in the hospital, after having CPR done in the ambulance as well. The patient was just a little older than me, and had actually said, "I think I'm going to die," grabbed the hand of the nurse closest, and said, "Don't let me die." I was sorry about the fear the patient had, and after we resuscitated, thought the outcome would be different. I usually try to attend patients' funerals if I can, but have no info yet on this demise. I feel for the partner, and the family.

I got to talk to my Dad yesterday and that was nice. We got together with my mother-in-law, all her children and children-in-law, and most of the grandchildren, on Saturday for Mother's Day. That was lovely - the in-laws are cool people and - to a person - fun. We then returned to Indy, took a walk and did some pleasant things; Scott is a nice addition to every day.

Unw -

R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home